While were patiently waiting for our summer to arrive why not use the time to do some re organizing around the house. So when the sun comes out you can go enjoy life outdoors guilt free. Great storage starts with great de cluttering You will feel so so much better when you have it done, honest.
- Target one area at a time. Deciding to de clutter your entire home in an afternoon is a tad unrealistic. So take it room by room and you will get there.
- Be ruthless, I know sifting through lots of sentimental items is time consuming. Be honest and try to remember the last time you went looking for, though of any of the items youare sotring was probably the last time you tried to do a clear out!
- Resist, resist, resist the temptation to set aside a pile to think about. Ask yourself whether you need and want to keep it. If you hesitate, the answer is no!
- Anytime you buy something new, even furniture, remember the “in-out” rule whereby for every new item you get you have to part of an old item.
- There really is no need to keep bundles of bills and paper work. Switching to paperless billing is a great way of helping the environment and eliminating a build up of unnecessary bills in your home. Most of our bills are available online, so we don’t need it on paper too!
- Remember there are plenty of charities who would love some of the items you no longer need.
Once you have de cluttered, you can have some fun creating great storage to make sure you don’t to accumulating more stuff. The more practical and accessible you make your storage the great the likelihood there is you’ll stay on top of it. If its attractive and pretty it does help too
Just a little imaginations can transform mundane every day objects in to useful colourful storage. Here’s old crates painted in a myriad of pastel colours and wall mounted to make very attractive funky hallway storage.
These have been left as is. everything on them can be seen at a glance.
Now its time for me to go off and do some sorting myself. Happy de cluttering, have a great weekend.